Share about good exercise info…..
Exercise benefits, guidelines and principles for weight loss and health
At its most basic, exercise is any type of physical exertion we perform in an effort to improve our health, shape our bodies and boost performance. Obviously that covers a broad range of activities and, luckily, there are plenty to go around whether you want to lose weight, get healthy or train for a sport.
The Benefits of Exercise
I could (and will) go on and on about all the things exercise can do for you, both physically and mentally. The great thing about it is that you don’t need much to get the benefits. Even just a few minutes a day can improve your health, well-being and help you:
- Lose weight
- Reduce stress
- Relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Reduce your risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer
- Boost your mood
- Give you more energy
- Help you sleep better
- Increase bone density
- Strengthen the heart and lungs
- Improve your quality of life
Motivating Yourself to Exercise
While it’s important to know basic exercise guidelines and principles covered on the next few pages, I think the most important step in starting an exercise routine is exploring the idea of motivation.
Without that, all the advice in the world won’t do you any good.
It’s important to remember that motivation doesn’t just happen. It’s something you make happen each and every day. If you have multiple reasons to exercise, you’ll always have something to get you moving, even when motivation is short.
The hardest part of exercise is getting started…if you can get that far, you’ve won half the battle. Some ideas:
- Remind yourself of your weight loss goals
- Think of a future event to get ready for (a wedding, a vacation, etc.)
- Consider how much energy you’ll have to get more things done
- Imagine how relaxed you’ll feel after a workout
- Think of your exercise time as the only time you may get to yourself all day
- Remind yourself how good you’ll feel by following through
- Promise yourself a reward for completing your workout
- Think of all the diseases and illnesses your workout could protect you from
- Remind yourself that this workout is necessary to reach your goal
How much and what type of exercise you do will depend on your fitness level, goals and time constraints, but a complete exercise program should include cardio, strength training and flexibility exercises.